Have you ever considered that the color of your dining room, bedroom or any room in your home could play a role in setting up a particular emotion or mood? Or, how about the way a bowl of bright green apples displayed on a table make you feel. Colors have the power to not only evoke a feeling, but attract attention, make a statement and even make you feel younger. By selecting the right color, you can effectively influence your mood! How about influencing your mood by bringing color into your home through alternative uses other than wall color. Below are colors and the emotions they evoke along with alternative examples of use.
Orange can expand your thinking, reduces self-consciousness, stimulates activity & appetite and can even encourage socialization. Use orange when you want to feel younger, more fun!
* Bring orange into your home through use of candles, vases, accent chair, area rug
Red inspires passion & promotes courage. It is a stimulant and exudes self-confidence. Use red to remind you to live life fully and with enthusiasm.
* Ever consider a red sofa? You should! Or how about a collage of picture frames on a wall filled with black & white family photos. Red lamp shade or wallpaper
Purple enhances compassion, encourages increased spirituality. It can be calming to mind and soul. Use purple to experience friends AS family.
* Book covers, yoga clothing, candles, drapery panels, tassel trim on a pillow
Blue exudes a sense of peace and aids in intuition. Blue is trustworthy & dependable. Use blue to bring ease into the home and harmony into relationships.
* Pillow cases, patio ceiling, upholstered headboard, rain boots
Green IS nature! It promotes tranquility. Green is refreshing and relaxes us mentally. It assists in alleviating depression, nervousness and anxiety. Use it to rejuvenate yourself and promote physical well-being.
* Live plants, pillows on a sofa, dish towels, fresh fruits and vegetables in the kitchen
Yellow increases optimism, happiness and focus. It can stimulate creative thoughts and improve mental agility. Use yellow to feel balance and fully alive!
* Coffee mug, lemons in a bowl, vase of sunflowers, decorative pottery, ceramic sun
Brown is associated with all things organic. Evokes a feeling of wholesomeness and connection to the earth. Use to feel at one with nature.
* Twigs in a vase, beamed ceiling, bamboo plates, wicker accent furniture
Black is the most powerful color. It has the ability to evoke strong emotions. It is mysterious and leads to direction and possibility. Use when in need of strength.
* Picture frames, pottery, rug borders, black leather ottoman
White projects purity and cleanliness. Aids in mental clarity. Encourages us to clear clutter. Use white to enable a fresh beginning>
* Bath towels, drapery panels, countertops, bath accessories